I never seem to tire of reading posts about what others keep in their bags. Whether it's a purse, makeup bag, or diaper bag, I think it's fun getting a peek into what girls keep and carry as essentials. So today I am sharing what's in my makeup bag!
Over the past two years I've slowly replaced the various cosmetics I use, finding all natural alternatives when I run out an item or come across a good sale. It's been a process of trial and error. I suppose I am telling you this because as you click through some of the links below, you may (or may not) think that some of these products are pricey or you may have wondered how I replaced conventionally made formulas. So if you are looking to switch out some or all of your makeup for more naturally made things, try doing it slowly, read lots of reviews, and ask for the pricier items as gifts. That's the end of my disclaimer : ) Ok, let's talk about why I like or love the above cosmetics!
1. Alima Pure Natural Definition Mascara in Black - This mascara is it for me. I'm 99% sure that I'm finished looking for "the one." I have tried sooo many natural mascaras and they're mostly awful! The Alima Pure Mascara stays put, meaning you won't wind up with raccoon eyes. The wand/spoolie defines and separates nicely. I do find that I have to do a couple applications to get the look that I want., but that doesn't bother me.
2. Alima Pure Natural Definition Eye Pencil in Coffee - I bought this because I wanted to meet the minimum order for free shipping (typical for me) and I am so glad I did! I am not much of an eye liner girl - used to be - but one day Michael told me he liked my made-up face a lot better whenever I didn't wear it. At the time, I was wearing it in a somewhat unflattering way. Now, I've been using this eye pencil for several weeks in a much more subtle way and I haven't heard any complaints ; ) It applies very smoothly and evenly.
3. Kjaer Weis Eyeshadow in Earthy Calm - Not a whole lot to say about this, but I like it. A medium-dark, matte brown eye shadow. No sparkles, hallelujah.
4. Kjaer Weis Eyeshadow in Cloud Nine - I use this color as an all over eyelid base. It's ever so slightly irradescent and barely pink. The only thing I would change is the sheerness of it...I wish it were more opaque.
5. W3LL People Universalist Multi-Stick No. 7 - Ok, these three little pods were all samples I was sent with orders I placed. They've lasted so long I haven't had to buy the real deal yet. This lip/cheek tint by W3LL People is a fresh bright pink, which I've used only as a lip tint and mama like (that's me. I am mama. I like it).
6. Tata Harper Volumizing Lip and Cheek Tint in Very Vivacious - I think Tata Harper is the best of the best of just about anything, and I'm like a very distant fan girl because I barely own any of her products, just lots lots of samples that I've loved. This color is a warm coral. Honestly, I usually feel I have to mix in a little of another colored lip tint to get this one right for my skin tone, but I love the way this lip tint feels. There are other colors available which also look lovely.
7. RMS Beauty Living Luminizer - A fabulous highlighter! and I'm almost out. Hoping to order the full size soon.
8. Tata Harper Be Adored Lip Tint - Oh, Tata, just stop it with the great products already. Maybe I should have photographed this with the lid off so you could see the pretty berry color that it is. The way this lip tint smells and moisturizers is like a dream! This doesn't stay put as long as the previously listed lip tints, but in exchange you get a little bit of dewiness.
9. Alima Pure Satin Matte Foundation in Beige 2 - I like this foundation. I don't love it, but I like it. It provides medium coverage and it's performs better than other mineral foundations that I've tried. Truthfully though, I think that when I have used it up, I am going to go back to old faithful, even though it's not a super clean product.
10. Alima Pure Satin Matte Blush in Mimosa - A pretty peachy pink blush.
11. RMS Beauty Un Coverup Shade 11 - A really great concealer! I find that the shade I use has a slight yellow undertone which makes it perfect for my eye area. It seems to last all day and provide good coverage. It can tend to crease on my eye lids if I forget to dust the mineral foundation over it, but no big deal.
12. Alima Pure Mineral Bronzer in Maracaibo - Another sample size that I really like! This is a perfect non-orangey bronzer for fair skinned girls and is great for that "no-makeup" makeup look.
13. MAC Brow Pencil - You don't see this pictured because I just ran out of it. I had the same pencil for over three years! Filling in my brows a little really does my face nice favors, and now I need a replacement. MAC no longer makes the one I had, and I would like to find a natural formula. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear.
There you have it! Those are my makeup essentials! I used to have a lot more makeup but I found that I generally used the same select products on a daily basis, so I got rid the cosmetics that I wasn't using everyday. It's nice not having to dig through a bottomless pit of makeup anymore.