I woke up yesterday with the inclination to make a list of goals for the month of September. For me there is something about fall, or at least the hope of fall, that has always seemed like a fresh start and a time to put things in order.
These are a few things I plan to focus on this month:
1. Finish the roll of film in my camera. I am ashamed to say that it has taken me almost a year to take just 36 exposures.
2. Drink hot lemon water first thing in the morning. I usually feel better when I do this instead of coffee. But of course, coffee comes later.
3. Consume less dairy. I know my body functions best when I remove most of it from my diet.
4. Exercise four times a week. I need to get my heart beating a little faster.
5. Complete at least half of my Christmas shopping & planning.
6. Practice better posture. The slump is getting out of hand!
7. Pickle vegetables. But first I need to get a jar.
8. Resist the yearning to wear fall clothes before it is actually cold outside. Every year I tend to start wearing my boots a month or so too soon.
9. Bake a loaf of bread to practice for future soup nights.
Nine goals for the ninth month. That feels right.
What are you hoping to accomplish in September?