This poor old blog has been rather neglected of late. Nothing more than usual life has been going on. However, I intend to revive this place with some consistency in the coming months! Michael has just begun an intensive study program which entails him studying a couple hours every night from now until December. Looking on the bright side, this means I'll have a bit more time in the evenings to write out posts. But, meanwhile, here is some other fun reading for you to do.
What are you up to this weekend? Tonight we are going over to our friends' house for dinner. They're making chicken tacos, pico de gallo, and margaritas. I'm bringing this for dessert. Tomorrow, Michael's parents come to visit, which means date night for us(!!), late night games of Rummikub, and finally giving my mama-in-love her Mother's Day gift (the post offices where I live are frightening, so I almost never go). Whatever you're doing this weekend, I hope you have fun and stay hydrated! It's summmmer.
Oh, and here is some reading material:
1. When Vanilla Was Brown and How We Came to See it as White. Interesting, isn't it?
2. Five Things To Do In Your Kitchen Before Bed.
3. This looks like the best method for baking chicken breasts that I've seen.
4. How Important Is It To Wash New Clothes Before Wearing Them? Very!
Fun things from around the internet. Read at your lunch-break/coffee-sipping/baby's-napping-leisure!
(Can you tell I'm not very chatty today? Sorry about that. This past week was rough, as the three of us came down with another cold. But this week is going to be a good one, I can feel it ;)
1. One day I am going to throw a party that is picture perfect, and it will have been inspired by this little girl's birthday.
2. Change your part, change your life! Or something like that.
3. Don't throw away those cauliflower leaves!
4. 10 Biggest Face Washing Mistakes. Number ten is probably where I go wrong most often.
5. How to Brew Your Best Cup of Tea.
6. Is there something Reese Witherspoon does wrong?
7. Let's just all live in a bubble, sheesh!
8. This made me laugh.
Well, this past weekend flew by! Saturday we took a day trip to Savannah to spend time with my sister and her family, who are there visiting. We walked around the busy downtown area and tried to stay sane while caring for our little ones. This week I am going to try to keep a mostly clear calendar for Charlie and me, just so we can catch our breath a little - sometimes I feel like he needs a couple days of not being in and out of his car seat.
Here are some fun links for you to browse if you need to sit back and catch your breath a bit, too.
3. Twelve Blow-Dry Tips.
4. Homemade Jello That Is Good For Your Skin!
5. Signs You Aren't Drinking Enough Water.
6. This Is Sure to Make You Laugh Hysterically.
7. How To Never Regret a Clothing Purchase.
8. Baking These Soon! - I love lemon poppy everything but somehow have never baked anything with that combination.
Happy Monday (even though it's almost over)! How was your weekend? My best friend & her husband came for a visit. I cooked them some vegan food (since that's their thing), we drank lots of coffee, walked on the beach, talked until we were sleepy, and had an overall great time.
Here is my second round-up of links around the web. Make a cup of tea and enjoy!
1. Turn your phone into a disposable camera. A neat concept, but a bit pricey.
3. FREE & NATIVE health and beauty recommendations. Definitely interested in thick, glossy hair, so I'm thinking I will give Stinging Nettle Leaf tea a try.
4. Earl Grey Chocolate Chip Cookies. Will be making SOON!
6. How to be a better baker - tips from one of the best!